Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Ro To Go

Officially, the reason is that they couldn't match Rosie's salary demands.

The president of daytime programming for the Disney-ABC Television Group, Brian Frons, told ABCNEWS.com, "Going in we knew we would have an amazing year with her, and that anything beyond that would be gravy. But we were willing to take the chance because we understood what a coup it was to entice Ro back to daytime television. So here we are a year later, and while we've tried to come to terms on a deal that would extend her co-hosting duties on 'The View,' we find ourselves unable to agree on some key elements."


I'll confess, I thought they were going to bring her back on the theory that controversy sells. I guess Barbara Walters wants to maintain some credibility as a journalist.

Blogger Reactions:

My Pet Jawa:

Tokyo Rosie, You're Fired!


At Hot Air, our buddy AllahPundit is scambling to fill the gap:

75% of my content, up in smoke. I’m a wreck.

Assuming it’s true, what do you think — did she jump or was she pushed? And if the latter, why did Barbara push her?


Talk Left:

I've never seen the show, and I don't really get what the fuss is all about with her, but she's been making the news a lot lately, so I thought I'd report it.


Towleroad:

The View is losing its best asset, as rumors that Rosie O'Donnell is leaving the show are true. O'Donnell and ABC couldn't come to terms on a new contract, so she'll leave in mid-June.


Marathon Pundit:

It's time for Rosie O'Donnell to update her resume and post it, fittingly, on Monster.com.

Labels: