Monday, April 23, 2007

Yet Another Thread on the Comments

James and I am going to start being a little more stringent about deleting and/or editing comments. If you don't want your words deleted or changed follow these simple rules:

1. Don't use profanity.
2. Don't imitate other people with your screen name. I will allow some latitude on this (for example, MurderVillage is okay even though it's an obvious takeoff on Killtown), but I will delete comments where the name is too similar or is just another person's name/nick with an insult attached. There has been far too much "Blog Fakery" going on lately.
3. Don't give out any detailed personal information on yourself or other people. It's okay to say, "I'm a pilot," it's not okay to say, "My phone number is 503-266-####."
4. Don't attack the posters or other commenters, attack our (and their) arguments. For now I'm being pretty lenient in interpreting what is an attack.
5. Don't put excessive links in the comments. I appreciate people like BG and Nico who occasionally put a link in our comments, but I don't like five link comments in a row, as BG has occasionally been guilty of.
6. Don't threaten posters or commenters no matter how provoked you may feel.

We reserve the right to add to or amend these rules at any time without prior warning. Repeated violations of these rules may result in IP banning.

Labels: